BeatStep’s 16 pads are both pressure- and velocity-sensitive, which means they are able to capture the nuances of your performance. Whether you use Ableton Live, Traktor, Serato or any other DJ/clip playback software, the BeatStep pads are perfect for launching samples or enabling effects.
BeatStep goes way beyond the typical pad controller by doubling as a step sequencer.
BeatStep was designed to give you the control you need, whether you’re working with your favorite DAW or loop triggering software, VST instrument or effect, drum software, DJ app, MIDI synth or even analog gear with CV/Gate inputs. The possibilities are nearly endless.
BeatStep fulfills multiple requirements for a wide variety of musicians. No other compact pad controller on the market offers this level of control plus a step sequencer at such an amazing price.
SIZE & WEIGHT:
Instrument size : 12.8 x 5 x 0.6 inches (324 x 127 x 16mm)
Instrument weight : 2 lbs. (0.9 Kg)
• 16 backlit pads: Red = Control mode; Blue = SEQ mode; Velocity- and pressure-sensitive
• 16 assignable encoders with 2 modes: MIDI CC; NRPN/RPN
• Transport controls: Send MIDI clock with Start/Stop (internal sync); Send MMC Play and Stop messages
• Data Encoder: Volume MIDI CC#7 – Control Mode; Rate – in Sequence mode; Sequence Transpose – SHIFT + Data Encoder
• Kensington Lock port
• 16 user presets
• Multiple pad modes: Note dat; MIDI CC data; Program Change with Bank Select