This 717e Builder's Edition has an array of premium, player-friendly features: chamfered body edges, rolled fretboard edges, and a new compound-carve neck profile, whose contours match the natural adjustments in the player’s hand position when moving up and down the fretboard. Even the bridge design was refined to add a more ergonomic feel for the player’s pick hand. Elegantly understated appointments include mother-of-pearl Arrowhead fretboard and peghead inlays, with sapele binding.
• Grand Pacific Shapes - This round-shoulder dreadnought delivers a new flavor of warm, rich Taylor tone.
• Sitka Spruce Top Woods - The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
• Indian Rosewood Body Woods - The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
• Expression System 2 Electronics captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
• Non-cutaway - The clean, symmetrical look of a traditional acoustic guitar.
• V-Class Bracing - A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
Scale Length: 25-1/2"
Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
Number of Frets: 20
Tuners: Taylor Nickel
Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral
Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
Body Length: 20”
Body Width: 16”
Body Depth: 4 5/8"
Binding/Edge Treatment: Sapele
Top Finish: Silent Satin
Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
Backstrap Finish: None
Rosette Size: Single Ring
Bridge Inlay: None
Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
Armrest Binding: None
Backstrap Wood: None
Rosette Mat.: Black Sapele/Maple
Stain/Sunburst: Wild Honey Burst Top
Neck Width: 1-3/4"
Fretboard Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
Neck Finish: Satin
Heel Length: 3-1/2"
Peghead Finish: Satin
Peghead Binding: None
Peghead Type; Standard
Peghead Purfling: None
Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
Peghead Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl