Taylor 652ce Builders Edition 12-String Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar - Natural
is built with figured Big Leaf maple for the back and sides with a torrefied Sitka spruce top. This model's shimmering, octave-rich tone benefits from maple's clarity and focus, offering an expressive, easily-recorded sound that will inspire players to expand their sonic palette.
Placing the fundamental string at the top of each pair adds warmth and body, and our new double-mounted string anchoring system provides cleaner intonation with each string crossing the saddle at the same point. Taylor's special roasting process draws a more aged-in, sweetened response from the torrefied spruce top, and the 12-fret setup brings the bridge closer to the center of the lower bout for stronger midrange presence and a slinkier, more relaxed feel for your fretting hand.
This 652ce is appointed to deliver a playing experience that matches its robust tone, with chamfered body and fretboard edges, a smooth Curve Wing bridge, and beveled armrest and cutaway providing a truly fluid, intimate connection between player and instrument.
Like many of its Builder's Edition counterparts, this 12-string is finished in an edgburst-hued Silent Satin sheen that reduces incidental noise for clean recordings, along with Scepter inlays in shell and mother-of-pearl for an artful, eye-catching visual character. It ships with ES2 electronics.
Comes with a Deluxe Taylor Hardshell Case.
• Grand Concert Shapes - A smaller-bodied guitar ideally suited for fingerstyle.
• Sitka Spruce Top Wood - The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
• Maple Body Wood - Revoiced to produce greater warmth, complexity, volume, sustain and responsiveness
• The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar's dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
• Beveled Cutaway - A smooth, double-contoured cutaway provides easy access to even the highest frets without changing hand positions.
• V-Class Bracing - A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.